Saturday, July 05, 2008



My grad trip was fabulous!!!
All of us had a crazy time shopping n eating reallllllly good food at incredibly cheap prices!
I simply cant get enough of SHanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei!

Day 1:
Shouch, Perry & I left Singapore for Shanghai!
We reached Shanghai airport quite late at night, around 11 pm
and boy, were we excited.
Ok maybe more like perry n i coz it was our first time in China :)

We called Tabby from the airport using a public phone
and i was so excited i think i screamed at her when she answered!
So we took a taxi to her place, which was at Pu Dong,
and took about 45 minutes to reach.
hahaha
That was when we realised that Shanghai is hugeee compared to Spore.
The taxis over there have their windows down most of the time
and the wind could get quite cold.











Tabby stayed in this apartment where the whole estate consists of like, 90 blocks.
It's HUGEEEEEE and she stayed in block 83.
So on the way there, we got lost in the estate and tried to ask around.
We asked a couple and they pointed us to the block.
WHen we were walking there, we saw a man entering one of the blocks.
So to make sure we got the right building,
Perry went to ask him if he's going into block 83.
"Zhi li shi ba shi san ma?"
Then the man replied,"Zhi shi ba shi er!"
But trust me, the way he said ba shi er is like... ba shar coz it was pronounced too fast.
So perry mistook it as ba san.
and so he asked again
"Oh ba san???"
then the man shouted "Ba shar!"
then perry,"Ba shi san?!?!?"
the man,"Ba shar!"
WHAHAHAHAHA
Shouch n i suddenly realised he's saying Ba shi er and not ba san
So we shouted to perry to tell him that n he apologised to the person
HAHAHAHAHAHA
damn funny it was like one of the jokes throughout the trip

We finally got to Tab's apartment and we didnt want to waste time
So we went for supper and then to a club!
Didnt take pics of the club though..







But I was really tired n not in a mood to club..
Just looked around and enjoyed the music, which was pretty awesome.
By the time we reached Tab's it was like 4 am.
Bathed n concussed.

The next day, Tab brought us around.
Honestly, I cant remember the names of the places.
I think we went to Shanghai Tang.
There were other places too but I'm not sure what they're called.
So i'll just post the pics.
Everyday, we took a picture together before heading out :)
Nice chilly weather with slight drizzle



Because we stayed in Pu Dong, and most of the shopping places are in Pu Xi,
we had to travel through this bridge to get to Pu Xi everyday.
Nan Pu Da Qiao :D :D :D











Tab brought us to her favorite xiao long bao place for lunch.
The food was amazing.
The xiao long baos are the best i've ever tasted.
The best thing is, it was super cheap!!!
We had the original pork xiaolongbaos, prawn xiaolongbaos, crab xiaolongbaos, dumpling soup, 3 bowls of beehoon soup, and everything cost S$7. thats like S$1.25 per person.











We were soooo happy with our food when the unexpected happened...
I still dont know what exactly happened because I was too fixated with the lovely pork xiaolongbaos. I think I was happily eating when...
Shouch suddenly toppled a bowl of meesua soup onto himself...
Perry n I were super stunned and Tab got a bit of the soup into her shoes.
But Shouch was soaking wet!!!
I thought he was gonna be pissed and demanded to go back to bathe n change.
I mean, I would do that!
I dont think I can start the day with soup on my pants!
To our surprise, Shouch was really cool about it, very candid, very patient, and just laughed about it. He could still joked with the aunties, apologising for the mess on the floor. hahahahahaha
So nice right. Perry n i are forever impressed by this.
HAHA.
And he really continued the whole day wearing the same clothes!
luckily it was clear soup n there wasnt any stain or smell.











So we continued on our way, after getting bubble tea (yummy!!!)


















A lot of people wear pyjamas out! To do anything at anytime of the day...



The Shanghai Tang...Couldnt see the top of it because it was so misty...



Finally, dinner at Pankoo..this supposedly popular korean resto in Shanghai.
But the food wasnt fantastic.













And we found out that Shouchang has the very unexpected uncle traits, like happily peeling oranges he bought from a roadside stall in the restaurant...
"We need fiber in our diet"
I think tab n i were convinced that we were traveling with 2 uncles instead of 2 guys.



After dinner, we went for a walk and started taking more pics :)















HAHAHA this pic... is the product of my photography attempt...
a failed one at that.
I was telling perry to ermmm look at the scenery and then turn back n face the camera in a natural way...









We wanted to try the McDonald's breakfast there because Tab said their bacon is pork n tasted more yummy than spore's!
But of course, we could never wake up in the morning :(







The desserts are very very nice...
the mango bing sha with pomelo
mango orh bi bei
SO GOODDDDDDDDD
the mango slices were very generous,
unlike the ones here where they save on the mangoes
We were craving for more of these for the next few days

And we thought of new food combining meat with fruits.
like mango or durian ku lok yok..heehee









When we reached home, we didnt want to waste time sleeping
So we had card games and beer n kwa ci
Beer was like, S$0.60 a bottle.
ended up with tipsy me falling asleep on the couch while the rest were taking turns to shower...


Comments: Post a Comment
Links
Charissa . Charlene . Fiz . Grace . Huishi . Ivan . Jayne . Jingqian . Marvin . Meiling . Nadia . Sarah . Serene . Shuping . Stella . Stentorian . Stephy . Weiling . Weiting .

Contact Me
mery024@gmail.com

What Say You?


Archives

  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • April 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • December 2008
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • August 2010